Our veterinary team is experienced in the diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders in cats and dogs.
Internal Medicine for Cats & Dogs
Internal medicine is the branch of veterinary medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders or diseases involving multiple internal organ systems.
Our board-certified internist, Dr. Larry Berkwitt, can diagnose and treat challenging cases with access to a variety of diagnostic tools and treatment methods. We are able to care for our Westport patients with disorders or diseases, as well as those that do not respond well to standard protocols.
Diagnoses and recommendations for treatment are based on a full and complete picture of your pet’s health issues including their history, clinical symptoms, and diagnostic results.
If we have the expertise in-house, your pet's treatment will continue at Westport Veterinary Associates.
If your pet requires a surgery or expertise that we do not have in-house, we will refer you to an experienced Veterinary Specialist in the Fairfield County area.
Areas of Internal Medicine
Our veterinarians can assist in the following areas of internal medicine:
- Cardiology (heart related disorders)
- Oncology (tumors and cancer)
- Neurology (disorders of the brain and nervous system)
- Endocrinology (glands and their functions)
- Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive organs)
- Urology (urinary functions and genitourinary tract)
- Immunology (disorders of the immune system)
- Pulmonary Disorders (diseases of the lungs)
- Reproductive Issues